Product Warranty for Himo in Australia
All Himo products purchased from Panmi and its Authorised Resellers (‘Authorised Reseller’) are covered under 12-month warranty unless specified. The return policy to the extent permissible under Australian Consumer Law (‘ACL’). Customers should contact the Authorised Reseller from which they purchased the product to receive warranty procedure instructions.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Panmi warrants to the original purchaser that the product shall be free from defects (‘Limited Product Warranty’). Panmi and its Authorised Resellers are not responsible for damage arising from the consumer’s failure to follow the provided instructions relating to the use of the product. This Limited Product Warranty applies to all products purchased from Panmi and its Authorised Resellers for 12-months from the date of receipt of shipment (‘Limited Product Warranty Period’). ‘Himo’ branded products purchased from an Authorised Reseller have a 12-month warranty period from the date of receipt of shipment.
COVERAGE AND APPLICATION
If a hardware defect is found subject to a valid claim lodged with the authorised reseller within the Limited Product Warranty Period, we will either:
- Repair the product at no charge for the original purchaser, using new or refurbished replacement parts; or
- Replace the product with a new or refurbished product; or refund the product.
Shipping and handling charges may apply except subject to the ACL.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Australia compliance product: In accordance with ACL, Panmi may require the customer to provide proof of purchase details and warranty card with serial number of the product.
Consumers are responsible for:
- Providing proof of purchase via invoice.
- Immediately cease using the product upon discovering a defect or upon making a claim to the relevant Authorised Reseller.
- Returning the device to the retailer or online reseller. Any cost in freight must be paid by the consumer.
- Adding protection from damage (either use the original box or other adequate packaging if device is sent via freight).
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This Limited Product Warranty does not apply to any damage caused in the following circumstances:
- Damage caused by nature or acts of God, for example, lightning strikes, cyclones and the like.
- Negligent or incorrect use of the product.
- Commercial use of the product.
- Unauthorised modifications to any part of the product.
- Damage caused by use with non- Himo products.
- Damage caused by negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes.
- Damage caused by operating the Product outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer’s instructions provided by HIMO or with improper voltage or power supply
- Damage caused by servicing of the product (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not authorised by Panmi to perform such services; or
- Damage caused by natural wear and tear.
No Panmi reseller, agent, or employee is authorised to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Product Warranty.